Are you looking for challenge? LYB EU Young Engineers Program is looking for you
With our EU Young Engineers Program we are shaping the future leaders of LyondellBasell. We need diligent engineers early on in their careers, who share our values and who are ready to make a positive impact! If this sounds like you, bring your drive to an organization that will support you in building your career. Join now one of the world’s leading petrochemical companies!
You will experience a series of international assignments across our manufacturing locations whilst learning how other areas of our business work. We want our young engineers to have a broad understanding of our company, and our program was developed to offer exactly that.
Why You Should Join Us
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world with a manufacturing presence in 22 countries. LyondellBasell is a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste (AEWP) and have joined forces with other industry leaders across the value chain to provide solutions to advancing sustainability. In 2021, LYB was named to FORTUNE Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fourth consecutive year. At LYB you will have the opportunity to be part of a team with a relentless focus on operating safely and responsibly and delivering on commitments.
Manufacturing is a very important area in our business, and it faces every day a wide range of challenges and engineers play a key role in delivering the innovation that takes our business forward. Jean Gadbois, Senior Vice President, Europe, Asia & International Manufacturing, launched the European Young Engineer Program with an aim “to develop a pool of mobile engineering talent, that will further build LYB’s manufacturing organization in Europe.”
What this program offers you:
- Management skills
- International career development
- Technical skills development
- Personal effectiveness, project management and influencing skills
What the Program Looks Like
- In the course of your individual rotation plan, you will be exposed to various aspects of manufacturing plants. You will provide technical support on day-to-day activities and you will be involved and lead strategic projects with innovative technologies in multicultural and cross-functional teams.
- You will have at least three assignments at different production sites across Europe, offering a great opportunity for networking and intercultural exchange.
- Your development and personal goals are the top priority. You will be supported every step of the way by inspiring LYB managers. Your mentors will give you expert career advice and will help you find opportunities to develop your skills and set career goals.
- You will be automatically part of LYB’s global Engineer University, which provides a customized development plan for talented engineers. It is a combination of on-the-job learning, social learning and formal training (70:20:10 formula). It will provide you the necessary know-how to help you prepare for a future management position.
- The program will be completed in a maximum of 9 years and it is our intention to place all participants into direct hire roles following successful completion of the program.
- You have a master's or PhD degree in engineering from a recognized university, with excellent track record.
- You have two years or less of work experience in the field.
- You have the availability and willingness to relocate internationally.
- You are a citizen of the European Union- ability to relocate from one European country to another without seperate work permits.
- You demonstrate great communication skills. Fluency in English is essential; fluency in a second and third language is preferred (e.g. German, Italian, French, Spanish.)
- You step up to address difficult issues, demonstrate leadership skills and are able to build partnerships across cultures to meet shared objectives.
- You think strategically and like to question the status quo. You are flexible and open to new ideas and opportunities.
How to apply
Are you ready to join the Young Engineer Program? Please visit http://bit.ly/LYBYoungEngineersProgram and send us your resume and application letter through the appropriate link by April 16, 2021. We look forward to your application!
The next steps:
- If succesful, you will be contacted to do a video or on-site interview in your country.
- The assessment center is planned for 14-17 June online or on-site in the Netherlands, a decision will shortly follow.